Late Stage Preclinical Projects
CLIN1: Late Stage Preclinical Projects
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs. With our Clinical Stage Programs, we intend to speed up support for clinical stage candidate stem cell treatments that demonstrate scientific excellence. Under this initiative, we will provide funding for eligible projects that are completing late stage preclinical development through any stage of clinical trial activity.
For our CLIN 1 Late Stage Preclinical Projects, the objective is to create a highly competitive partnering opportunity for promising stem cell-based projects to accelerate the completion of preclinical activities necessary to attain an active IND or IDE with the FDA and to initiate start-up activities of the proposed clinical trial. CIRM expects projects under this program to advance rapidly into the clinic and to be accomplished within two years unless adequately justified.
Under this program, CIRM will act not only as a funding agency, but will also devote significant internal resources and leverage its external team of world-class subject matter experts to actively advance the project. The result of a successful application will be the formation of a true partnership that both accelerates the program and gives it the greatest opportunity for success.
Please see the Partnering Opportunity for Late Stage Preclinical projects for the Program Announcement, application deadline and other details.
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Undert the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.