Clinical Trial Stage Projects
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate world class science to deliver transformative regenerative medicine treatments in an equitable manner to a diverse California and world. With this initiative, we intend to speed up support for clinical stage candidate stem cell treatments that demonstrate scientific excellence. Under this initiative, we will provide funding for eligible projects that are completing late stage preclinical development through any stage of clinical trial activity.
CIRM is establishing an open call for proposals and will accept applications on a monthly basis for three complementary award types described in the Program Announcements listed below. Please note that the Program Announcements have been updated.
- CLIN 1: Partnering Opportunity for Late Stage Preclinical Projects [pdf] (updated 7.01.21)
- CLIN 2: Partnering Opportunity for Clinical Trial Stage Projects [pdf] (updated 7.01.21)
- CLIN 3: Partnering Opportunity for Stem Cell Therapy Registration Clinical Trials [pdf] (updated 01.01.21)
Applications for CLIN programs are available in the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov). For 2022, applications are due by 2pm on January 31, February 28, March 30, April 29, May 31, June 30, July 29, August 31, September 30, October 31, November 30, and December 30.
For previous versions of the CLIN Program Announcements, please refer to our Previous Funding Opportunities page.
Clinical Stage projects seeking additional options for operational support are encouraged to contact The Cell and Gene Therapy Center.
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Under the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.