CAR-T Cell Immunotherapy:
Challenges and Opportunities Using Mature or Stem Memory T Cells
Presentations from FDA and Leading Experts
WEBINAR TOPIC AND AGENDA
Webinar Information: The webinar was held on March 18. A recording of the webinar is available here.
Moderator: Kevin Whittlesey, Ph.D., CIRM Science Officer
- Bindu George, MD, Medical Officer (Team Lead), Oncology Branch, Division of Clinical Evaluation and Pharmacology Toxicology (DCEPT), Office of Cellular, Tissue and Gene Therapies (OCTGT), Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Christine Brown, Ph.D., Associate Director, T cell Therapeutics Research Laboratory, Departments of Cancer Immunotherapeutics and Immunology, and Hematology and Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation, City of Hope
- Margo Roberts, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Kite Pharma Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Topics to be covered:
T cells engineered with chimeric antigen receptors, referred to as CAR-T cells, are an extraordinarily active area of research to treat hematologic malignancies and other diseases, with dozens of clinical trials underway around the world. As we are gaining clinical experience with this exciting technology, it is timely to explore some of the different starting cell populations and how they might influence patient outcomes.
The focus of this webinar is on CAR-T Cell immunotherapy and the challenges and opportunities of using mature T Cells and/or Stem Memory T cells. The presentations will compare and contrast manufacturing, persistence, and other differences based on experience with both technologies moving into the clinic.
- Presentation by FDA – Safety of CAR-T cells
- Lessons learned and regulatory issues for use of CAR-T cells
- Questions and Answers: all questions must be submitted via the webex system either during registration or during the webinar via the Cisco Webex Q&A panel
KQED – California Report from February 2, 2015 –
Cancer-Hunting ‘T Cells’ Used in Pioneering New Treatment
article and audio link at- http://ww2.kqed.org/news/2015/02/02/cancer-hunting-t-cells-used-in-pioneering-new-treatment
full transcription at- http://www.scpr.org/news/2015/01/23/49415/cancer-hunting-t-cells-used-in-pioneering-new-trea/