Special Call for COVID-19 Projects
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs. Given the growing surge of COVID-19 cases in California and throughout the world, CIRM is issuing this special announcement to support promising discovery, preclinical and clinical trial stage projects that could quickly advance treatments to COVID-19 patients in need. CIRM is utilizing its established partnering opportunities across Discovery (DISC2), Translational (TRAN1), and Clinical (CLIN1, CLIN2) stages to provide support for COVID-19 related projects.
Please refer to the following Program Announcement for more details:
CIRM has established an open call for proposals and will accept applications on a bi-monthly basis. The next deadline for applications will be on Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 2pm PDT.
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Under the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.