The path from stem cell therapy development to life-saving treatments can be challenging, but here at CIRM we have developed a series of funding programs that together are poised to improve the efficiency by which much-needed therapies reach patients in need. Follow the links below to apply for funding.
CIRM Funding Opportunities
- There are no RFAs for CIRM Inception Awards (DISC 1) at this time.
- An updated PA is now available for the CIRM Quest Awards (DISC 2), with an application deadline of 2pm on Tuesday, February 8th. Future DISC2 opportunities will recur in 6 month intervals
- There are no RFAs for CIRM Challenge Award (DISC3) at this time.
- There are no open applications for Translational Stage Research Awards (TRAN 1, 2, 3, and 4) at this time.
Apply for our Clinical Trial Stage Projects
- Applications for the Clinical Stage Research Program (CLIN 1, 2, and 3) are available in the CIRM Grants Management Portal. Applications are due by 2pm on the last business day of each month (i.e., upcoming due dates are Monday, January 31st, Monday, February 28th, Wednesday, March 30th, etc.).
- Read about our Partnering Opportunity for Clinical Trial Stage Projects in this Brochure.
Apply for our Educational Program funding opportunities
- The application for the Conference Grants (EDUC 1) is available in the CIRM Grants Management Portal. The application submission deadline is 2pm on the last business day of February, May, August, and November (e.g., the next due date is Monday, February 28th). Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of the conference.
- The RFA for EDUC 1.5 to manage the 2022 SPARK annual meeting is available. Applications are due at 2pm on Tuesday, March 8th.
There are no RFAs for CIRM Infrastructure Projects at this time.