The path from stem cell therapy development to life-saving treatments can be challenging, but here at CIRM we have developed a series of funding programs that together are poised to improve the efficiency by which much-needed therapies reach patients in need. Follow the links below to apply for funding.
CIRM Funding Opportunities
- There are no RFAs for CIRM Inception Awards (DISC 1) at this time.
- There are no open applications for CIRM Quest Awards (DISC 2) at this time.
- There are no RFAs for CIRM Challenge Award (DISC3) at this time.
- There are no open applications for Translational Stage Research Program Awards (TRAN 1, 2, 3, 4) at this time.
Apply for our Clinical Trial Stage Projects
- Applications for the Clinical Stage Research Program (CLIN 1, 2, 3) are available in the CIRM Grants Management Portal. Applications are due by 2pm on the last business day of each month (i.e., upcoming due dates are September 30, October 29, November 30, and December 31).
- Read about our Partnering Opportunity for Clinical Trial Stage Projects in this Brochure
Apply for our Educational Program funding opportunities
- The application for the Conference Grants (EDUC 1) is available in the CIRM Grants Management Portal. The application submission deadline is 2pm on the last business day of February, May, August, and November (e.g., the next due date is November 30). Applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of the conference.
- The RFA is available for the 2022 Bridges Annual Meeting (EDUC 1.12). The application submission deadline is 2pm on Tuesday, November 16.
There are no RFAs for CIRM Infrastructure Projects at this time.