Information and Videos on Stem Cell Topics
These links and animations can help you learn about current biology topics, including recent developments in treatment of diseases. They are great to use as references for student reports and projects, and please remember to cite them properly. Stay tuned for more topics!
Topics (click to jump to the section):
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
Bone Marrow Transplant
Clonal Selection Theory
Diabetes (Type 1)
- Proposed project using stem cells to derive transplants for a therapy:
- Follow the link above to the subsection “Angiogenesis/Metastasis” and click on the 'view animation' link for the 1st video titled “Angiogenesis” created by Drew Berry.
- Also view the 2nd animation titled “Angiogenesis” created by Greg Leuenberger/Sabertooth Productions.
- View the animation under the subsection “DNA/Chromatin” titled “Chromatin,” created by Drew Berry:
- View the animation titled “Crohn's Disease” created by Gardenia Gonzalez Gil and Living Pixels:
- View the animation titled “Clonal Selection Theory” created by Etsuko Uno:
http://www.molecularmovies.com/showcase/#Disease / Immune System
- Scroll down to bullet “c” titled “what is known about adult stem cell differentiation”: