The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate world class science to deliver transformative regenerative medicine treatments in an equitable manner to a diverse California and world. In December 2021, CIRM released its Strategic Plan for 2022-2027. The Strategic Plan describes CIRM’s expanded education and training programs.
EDUC 1: Funding Opportunity for Conference Grants
The objective of this program announcement (PA) is to create a highly competitive opportunity for CIRM to support valuable mission-specific scientific conferences. A scientific conference is defined as an organized event where persons physically assemble to exchange scientific information and explore a defined scientific subject relevant to CIRM’s mission. Support of such conferences is contingent on the fiscal and programmatic priorities of CIRM at time of submission.
Under this program, CIRM will only accept applications for review of conferences aligned with CIRM’s short and long-term goals. In addition, CIRM may issue specific requests for applications to develop a conference in collaboration with CIRM to fulfill a specifically defined need.
Please see the Education: Conference Grants and Research Training Awards for the Program Announcement, application deadline and other details.
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Undert the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.
CIRM holds regular scientific workshops and meetings to update the scientific staff and CIRM grantees about particular areas of stem cell and related research.
- Engineering Strategies, Opportunities, and Challenges for Tissue Repair and Regeneration: CIRM Workshop Summary and Recommendati [pdf]
- Cell Therapies for Parkinson’s Disease from Discovery to Clinic [pdf]
- Alpha Stem Cell Clinics: Delivering a New Kind of Medicine [pdf]
- Cerebral Palsy Workshop Report [pdf]