December 2021 ICOC Governing Board/Application Review Subcommittee
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE AND
THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: December 14, 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pursuant to Assembly Bill 361, adding section 11133 to the Government Code (effective October 1, 2021), certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended until January 31, 2022 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with Government Code section 11133, this meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which board members will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via telephone by dialing the number listed below. Members of the public who wish to comment during the meeting may do so by telephone or email, as described below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: email@example.com .
Dial in number: (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 841 1011 5628
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Chairman’s Report
- Consideration of CIRM Five-Year Strategic Plan
- CIRM Brainstorming Neurodegeneration Workshop Summary
- CIRM CNS Consortium 2022 Workshop Planning Committee Exec Summary
- CIRM GWG Presentation for ICOC
- CIRM Manufacturing in California Workshop Summary
- CIRM Patient Navigation Roundtable Summary
- CIRM Strategic Scientific Advisory Panel Meeting Summary
- CIRM Town Hall 2021 Survey Results Topline
- Horwitz Riley Millan NatCellBio 2021
- Jamieson Cell Stem Cell June 2018
- Patel Talib Millan CGTI 2020
- Sambrano & Millan Cell Stem Cell April 2020
- Consideration of Science subcommittee mission statement
- Consideration of Finance subcommittee mission statement
- Consideration of minutes from the May, June, July, August, September, October and November ICOC meetings
- Consideration of increase to EDUC 3: Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowlege Awards program budget.
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to EDUC 3: Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowledge Awards program budget
- Consideration of revised CIRM Research Budget for the Fiscal Year 21/22
- Consideration of revised CIRM Administrative Budget for the Fiscal Year 21/22
- Discussion of Personnel [Evaluation of CIRM ICOC Chair, Vice-Chair and President/CEO] (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D))
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications submitted in response to agenda item 9 above (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C))
- Consideration of IP and Industry subcommittee mission statement
- Consideration of compensation for ICOC Chair/Vice Chair
- Consideration of compensation for CEO/President
- Consideration of ICOC Patient Advocate member compensation
- Public comment
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9111 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-340-9111.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at https://www.cirm.ca.gov.
Last Modified: January 31, 2022