INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
MEETING STARTS AT 8:30 AM in FISHER WEST
- Call to Order.
- Spotlight Presentation on Sickle Cell Disease.
MOVE TO ROBERTSON AUDITORIUM at 9:30 AM (Estimated time)
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from June 2, 2006 ICOC meeting.
- Chairman's Report.
- President's Report.
- Consideration of Standards Working Group report, including but not limited to:
- Update on APA process and timeline with respect to the CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations for Human Stem Cell Research.
- Consideration of recommended changes to the CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations for Human Stem Cell Research for submission to the Office of Administrative Law.
a. Language Option
- Consideration of final language for the CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations and supporting documentation for submission to the Office of Administrative Law.
a. Original Basis for CIRM MES Regulations
- Consideration of Intellectual Property Task Force report, including but not limited to:
a. Consideration of CIRM Intellectual Property Policy for Non-Profit Organizations regulations.
b. Consideration of CIRM Intellectual Property Policy for Non-Profit Organizations regulations.
c. Consideration of referring state technology transfer issues review to Legislative Subcommittee.
a. Pending Litigation (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)): (1) People's Advocate v.
Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, First District Court of Appeal, Case No. A114282 and
California Family Bioethics Council v. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, First District Court of
Appeal, Case No. A114195; (2) Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth
Circuit, Case No. 06-55387; and (3) National Tax Limitation Foundation v. Westly, Sacramento Court
Superior Court, Case No. 06AS02700.
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of interim debt, including but not limited to General Fund loan to CIRM and delegation to Chair to take all actions necessary to complete transactions including but not limited to negotiation and execution of all documents related to interim debt.
- Consideration of approval for an RFA for innovation grants.
a. Presentation: New Grants Proposal
- Consideration of update on governance issues, including but not limited to:
a. Consideration of the proposed full year administrative budget for 2006-07.
b. Consideration of the updated contracts/agreements reports.
i. contracts/agreements spreadsheet
ii. Contract approval form: Remcho
iii. Contract approval form: Spiegel
c. Consideration of the proposed Gift Policy.
i. Policy with tracked changes
ii. Letter of Commitment
d. Consideration of acceptance of gifts.
- Consideration of values for the CIRM Scientific Strategic Plan, and further consideration of mission statement and objectives, to provide direction for the Scientific Strategic Planning team.
STRATEGIC PLANNING SLIDES UPDATED 8/2/06
a. Draft Mission Statement
b. Background Information: Mission Statement
c. Draft Values/Principles
d. Draft Long-Term Objectives
- Consideration of adoption of conflict of interest regulations for CIRM Working Groups.
a. COI For Working Groups Regulations: Memo
b. Definitions for COI Regulations
c. Standards Working Group COI Regs
d. Grants Working Group COI Regs
e. Facilities Working Group COI Regs
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.