Meeting Notice and Agenda
Regular Meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and the Appication Review Subcommittee
Organized Pursuant To The California Stem Cell Research and Cures Act
Thursday, March 26, 2015
9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
41 Tunnel Road
Berkeley, CA 94705
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
10901 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
2250 Alcazar St. CSC 135K
Los Angeles, CA 90089-9037
1628 stanford Abe
Menlo park 94025
Dial In and WebEx Information:
1. Go to https://cirm.webex.com/cirm/onstage/g.php?MTID=e52638f999cbbc18037ac018a015d4db9
2. Click “Join Now”.
To join the teleconference only
Dial in: (800) 230-1092
Confirmation Number: 356229
Listen Online Only:
To access the live event or archive, use this URL:
Enter Conference ID# 356229
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Chairman’s Report.
- President’s Report. (PDF)
- Finance Update. (PDF)
- Consideration of applications for RFA 14-02: CIRM Preclinical Development Awards. (PDF)
DLima Letter to the Board (PDF)
Helms Letter to the Board (PDF)
Schubert Letter to the Board (PDF)
Appeal Memo (PDF)
- Consideration of deferred applications RT3-07836 and RT3-07678 for RFA 13-05: CIRM Tools and Technologies Awards III. (PDF) Updated
- Consideration of adoption of the interim Grants Administration Policy for Clinical Stage Programs. (PDF)
- Consideration of adoption of amendments to Grants Working Group bylaws. (PDF)
- Consideration of adoption of the interim Loan Assistance Program for Clinical Stage Programs. (PDF) Postponed
- Consideration of delegation of authority for the negotiation and execution of a lease for new office space in the Bay Area, along with the negotiation and execution of other contracts necessary for CIRM’s relocation, to the CIRM President, in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Board.
- Memo to the Board (PDF)
- Consideration of appointment of new scientific members and patient advocate member to the Grants Working Group. (PDF)
- Consideration of policy to extend workers’ compensation coverage to CIRM volunteers. (PDF)
- Consideration of augmentation to the Remcho Johansen & Purcell, LLP contract. (PDF)
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications for RFA 13-05: CIRM Tools and Technologies Awards III and for RFA 14-02: CIRM Preclinical Development Awards (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
- Discussion of Personnel [Evaluation of CIRM Chairman} (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f)(3)(D)).
- Communications Update. (PDF)
- Update on the CIRM iPSC intiative. (PDF)
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at https://www.cirm.ca.gov.
Last Modified: November 5, 2019