Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowledge (SPARK)
RFA 15-06: Funding Opportunity for Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowledge (SPARK)
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell therapies to patients with unmet medical needs.
The objective of the Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowledge (SPARK) is to enable California academic institutions to provide summer training opportunities in stem cell research to high school students who represent the diversity of California’s population, particularly those who might not otherwise have opportunities to take part in summer research internships due to socioeconomic constraints. Through summer lab internships, community outreach and patient engagement, CIRM hopes to inspire, educate and motivate high school students to become involved in CIRM’s mission of accelerating stem cell treatments to patients with unmet medical needs.
Please see the RFA for full details:
RFA 15-06: Funding Opportunity for Summer Program to Accelerate Regenerative Medicine Knowledge (SPARK) [pdf] (revised 9.17.15)
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the “New User” link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled “Open Programs“. Under the section labeled “RFAs and Programs Open for Applications“, click on the “Start a Grant Application” link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the “Uploads” section.
- To submit your Application, click on the “Done with Application” button. The “Done with Application” button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled “Your Applications” and check the table under the section labeled “Your Submitted Applications“. You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.