Grant Award Details
- The objective of this funding opportunity is to expand existing capacities for delivering stem cell, gene therapies and other advanced treatment to patients. The Alpha Clinics Network is designed to serve as a competency hub for regenerative medicine training, clinical research, and the delivery of approved treatments.
Grant Application Details
- UC San Diego Health CIRM Alpha Stem Cell Clinic
1. Strengthen and expand collaborations with ASCC Network partners with lead offerings
2. Improve access to clinical trials for diverse populations
3. Expand regenerative medicine clinical trial portfolio in major UCSD ASCC focus areas, including of cancer, metabolic disease, and neurological disease
Innovative stem cell and gene therapy clinical trials can be implemented and accelerated within the CIRM ASCC network and will benefit the State of California by alleviating the enormous burden of devastating degenerative diseases on patients, caregivers, and health care providers. With experience garnered through 30 UCSD CIRM ASCC clinical trials, we propose to expand breakthrough ASCC trials focusing on therapeutically recalcitrant malignancies, neurological disorders, and metabolic diseases.