Grant Award Details
- To assess the potential of locally administered RSpo1 as a mouthwash for the prevention and treatment of oral mucositis (OM).
Grant Application Details
- Modulation of oral epithelium stem cells by RSpo1 for the prevention and treatment of oral mucositis
Locally delivered formulation of RSpo1 protein as an activator of Lgr5+ epithelial stem cells in chemotherapy- or radiation therapy-induced oral mucositis
Major Proposed Activities
- RSpo1 formulation design and selection for optimal oral delivery
- Activation of Wnt pathway by formulated RSpo1 in-vitro
- Production of RSpo1 protein
- Oral stem cell expansion by RSpo1 to protect and restore chemotherapy and radiation induced oral mucosa damage
The proposed research will provide a new therapy for the prevention and treatment of oral mucositis - a common complication of chemotherapy and radiation therapy for cancer patients in California, the US, and globally. If successful, the product development program will also enable growth of the company which will bring more jobs and opportunities for California citizens, as the company is based here.