Grant Award Details
Operate a sequencing center in Northern California for CESCG projects, supporting multiple "center initiated projects" CIPs that are done by core sites and "collaborative research projects" CRPs done by individual research labs around California. Use the grant to fund projects that use the Stanford CESCG and process all project data through standard analysis pipelines.
Grant Application Details
- Center of Excellence for Stem Cell Genomics
The Center of Excellence in Stem Cell Genomics will bring together investigators from seven major California research institutions to bridge two fields – genomics and pluripotent stem cell research. The projects will combine the strengths of the center team members, each of whom is a leader in one or both fields. The program directors have significant prior experience managing large-scale federally-funded genomics research programs, and have published many high impact papers on human stem cell genomics. The lead investigators for the center-initiated projects are expert in genomics, hESC and iPSC derivation and differentiation, and bioinformatics. They will be joined by leaders in stem cell biology, cancer, epigenetics and computational systems analysis. Projects 1-3 will use multi-level genomics approaches to study stem cell derivation and differentiation in heart, tumors and the nervous system, with implications for understanding disease processes in cancer, diabetes, and cardiac and mental health. Project 4 will develop novel tools for computational systems and network analysis of stem cell genome function. A state-of-the-art data management program is also proposed. This research program will lead the way toward development of the safe use of stem cells in regenerative medicine. Finally, Center resources will be made available to researchers throughout the State of California through a peer-reviewed collaborative research program.
- Cell Rep (2016) Reversible Regulation of Promoter and Enhancer Histone Landscape by DNA Methylation in Mouse Embryonic Stem Cells. (PubMed: 27681438)
- Cancer Cell (2016) N-Myc Drives Neuroendocrine Prostate Cancer Initiated from Human Prostate Epithelial Cells. (PubMed: 27050099)
- PLoS Comput Biol (2016) Pathway-Based Genomics Prediction using Generalized Elastic Net. (PubMed: 26960204)
- Pac Symp Biocomput (2016) ONE-CLASS DETECTION OF CELL STATES IN TUMOR SUBTYPES. (PubMed: 26776204)
- Mol Cell (2016) Methylome-wide Analysis of Chronic HIV Infection Reveals Five-Year Increase in Biological Age and Epigenetic Targeting of HLA. (PubMed: 27105112)
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (2015) A survey of human brain transcriptome diversity at the single cell level. (PubMed: 26060301)
- Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A (2015) A basal stem cell signature identifies aggressive prostate cancer phenotypes. (PubMed: 26460041)
- Cell Stem Cell (2015) Functionally Distinct Subsets of Lineage-Biased Multipotent Progenitors Control Blood Production in Normal and Regenerative Conditions. (PubMed: 26095048)
- Cell Syst (2015) NDEx, the Network Data Exchange. (PubMed: 26594663)
- Cell (2014) Integrated genomic characterization of papillary thyroid carcinoma. (PubMed: 25417114)