Task Force on Neuroscience and Medicine
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
TASK FORCE ON NEUROSCIENCE AND MEDICINE
OF THE INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: October 18, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Location: 601 Gateway Blvd., Suite 400
South San Francisco, CA 94080
This meeting of the Task Force on Neuroscience and Medicine will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which members will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via telephone by dialing the number listed below. Members of the public who wish to comment during the meeting may do so by telephone or email, as described below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Dial in number: (669) 900 6833
Meeting ID: 814 6287 8592
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Discussion: Goals from charge of Neuro Task Force:
- Generate a general plan for the $1.5 billion set aside for Neuro
- Identify unusual opportunities for high impact in these areas for enhanced investment
- Need for current portfolio analysis
- Presentations and Discussion:
- Discussion of possible criteria for evaluation of Neuro Portfolio
- Uniqueness of approaches employed in elucidating disease mechanisms and developing treatments. Consider the innovative nature of methodologies within the portfolio.
- Assess disease impacts using criteria from healthcare economists or other measures.
- Evaluate projects to determine if a platform technology is being established. Consider the potential for broader applications beyond the initial disease focus.
- Public comment
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Claudette Mandac at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-240-9101 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Claudette Mandac at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.
Last Modified: October 23, 2023