Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting December 8, 2010
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
5. Financial Audit Report from Macias, Gini and O’Connell.
A: Independent Auditors Reports, Financial Statements & Supplementary Information
B: Report to ICOC
6. Chairman’s Report.
Bob Klein Comments
7. President’s Report.
2010-11 Budget Allocation and Expenditure Report
2009-10 Budget Allocation and Expenditure Report Month 13
CIRM Financial Projections
External Review Report
9. Consideration of recommendation from Standards Working Group regarding Designation of hESC lines Derived Under the Australian Research Involving Human Embryos Act as Acceptably Derived for CIRM-Funded Research.
10. Consideration of recommendation regarding Early Translational II Research Application 1778 submitted in response to RFA 10-01: CIRM Early Translational II Research Awards.
11. Consideration of new scientific members for Grants Working Group.
12. Consideration of amendments to CIRM Intellectual Property Policy as recommended by IP Task Force and in response to SB 1064.
13. Consideration of items referred and recommended by Finance Subcommittee with regard to CIRM Loan Program.
14. Consideration of items referred and recommended by Governance Subcommittee.
15. Consideration of recommendation from Science Subcommittee regarding process for review of requests for change in scope to permit use of unused research award funds for human clinical trial research, when human research was not part of the original application.
16. a. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for RFA 10-01: CIRM Early Translational II Research Awards. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C)),
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
17. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .