October 2021 ICOC Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE AND
THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: October 19th, 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pursuant to Assembly Bill 361, adding section 11133 to the Government Code (effective October 1, 2021), certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended until January 31, 2022 in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with Government Code section 11133, this meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which board members will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via telephone by dialing the number listed below. Members of the public who wish to comment during the meeting may do so by telephone or email, as described below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Dial in number: (669) 900-6833
- Meeting ID: 984 5066 7125
- Passcode: 211019
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Chairman’s Report
- President’s Report
- Consideration of final adoption of advisory task force conflict of interest regulations - Deferred until December
- Consideration of October 6, 2021 Governance Subcommittee Recommendations
- Consideration of the Governance Subcommittee mission statement
- Consideration of process for evaluation of the ICOC Chair and Vice-Chair
- Consideration of amendments to the ICOC Board Bylaws
- Consideration of amendments to the CIRM Internal Governance Policy
- Consideration of amendments to the ICOC Board Code of Conduct
- Consideration of new appointments and reappointments to the Grants Working Group
- Consideration of appointment of members to the Accessibility and Affordability Working Group
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to Clinical Trial Stage Projects Program Announcement (CLIN 1,2 or 3)
- Consideration of request to Waive 180-Day Waiting Period to Hire Retired Annuitants to Perform Duties
- Consideration of revisions to employee positions and disclosure obligations in CIRM Conflict of Interest Code Section 100000
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications submitted in response to agenda item 9 above (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C))
- Performance audit recommendations and CIRM response to performance audit recommendations
- Public comment
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9111 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 510-340-9111.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.