June 2021 ICOC Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE AND
THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: June 18th, 2021
Time: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended due to a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with the Executive Order, the meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which board members will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via telephone by dialing the number listed below. Members of the public who wish to comment during the meeting may do so by telephone or email, as described below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dial in number: (669) 900-6833
- Meeting ID: 954 6218 4097
- Passcode: 210618
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call
- Swearing in of new and reappointed ICOC members.
- Chairman’s Report.
- Consideration of resolutions honoring CIRM Board Members.
- Resolution honoring Dr. David Brenner
- Resolution honoring Dr. Francisco Prieto
- Resolution honoring Dr. Robert Quint
- Resolution honoring Mr. Jeff Sheehy
- Resolution honoring Ms. Diane Winokur
- Consideration of Administrative Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
- Consideration of Scientific Research Budget for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
- Consideration of amendments to the Clinical, Translation and Discovery stage concept plans.
- Consideration of new appointments and reappointments to the Grants Working Group.
- Consideration of ICOC Subcommittee leadership positions.
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to Clinical Trial Stage Projects Program Announcement (CLIN 1,2 or 3).
- Consideration of delegation of authority for the negotiation and execution of a lease for new office space in the Bay Area, along with the negotiation and execution of other contracts necessary for CIRM’s relocation, to the CIRM President, in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of the Board.
- Consideration of support for CA SB247 ("Rare Disease Advocacy Council").
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications submitted in response to agenda item 12 above. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
- Discussion of Personnel [Evaluation of President] (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
- Update on donations made to CIRM.
- Public comment.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9111 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 510-340-9111.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.