State Stem Cell Agency Standards Working Group Search Subcommittee Agenda 1/31/05
Return to CIRM Meetings and Events
California State Stem Cell Agency
Regular Meeting 01-31-05
Scientific and Medical Accountability Standards Working Group Search
Subcommittee of the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Consideration of process, including criteria and timeline, used to select membership recommendations of the Scientific and Medical Accountability Standards Working Group to the ICOC.
a. Click To Download Working Group Responsibilities.
- Consideration of subcommittee’s recommendations on how to develop conflict of interest policy for potential members of the Scientific and Medical Research Funding Working Group, Scientific and Medical Accountability Standards Working Group, and Scientific and Medical Research Facilities Working Group to the ICOC.
- Consideration of subcommittee’s recommendations on two (2) members of the Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee for membership on the Assembly Concurrent Resolution 252-mandated committee to develop best practices for handling intellectual property when generated from state funding as authorized by the Act. Assembly Concurrent Resolution 252 requests the California Council on Science and Technology to create a special study group to develop recommendations on how the state should treat intellectual property created under state contracts, grants and agreements.
a. Click To Download ACR 252.
b. Click To Download Letter From CA Council on Science and Technology.
- Report on status of Senate Bill 322 and discussion of subcommittee’s cooperation and consideration of actions. Senate Bill 322 requires the State Department of Health Services to develop guidelines for research involving the derivation or use of human embryonic stem cells in the state through the creation of a Human Stem Cell Research Advisory Committee.
c. Click To Download SB 322.
- Invitation to members of the public and the ICOC to submit the names and contact information of candidates and any background information for consideration for membership on the Scientific and Medical Accountability Standards Working Group to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to P.O. Box 942850, Sacramento, CA 94250-5872.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at https://www.cirm.ca.gov.
Date Published: April 7, 2009
Last Modified: April 5, 2017