INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC") TO THE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from May 6, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Consideration of adoption of NAS Medical and Ethical Standards as CIRM Interim Standards.
- Chairman's Report.
- Consideration of Federal legislation - HR 810 (Castle/DeGette) and S 471 (Specter/Harkin); HR 1822 (Bono) and S 876 (Hatch/Feinstein); HR 1357 (Weldon) and S 658 (Brownback)
- Consideration of State legislation - ACR 1 (Negrete McCleod); ACR 24 (Mullin); SB 18 (Ortiz/Runner); SCA 13 (Ortiz/Runner)
- President's Report. (Scheduled break - 10 minutes)
- Consideration of Conflict of Interest Policy for Facilities Working Group.
To be started during lunch (estimated time is 3 hours)
- Pending Litigation: People's Advocate v. Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766 (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)).
- Personnel: Search for President of the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d)(3)(D)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of Standards Working Group members' ability to apply for CIRM grants and direction to Subcommittee on alternates.
- Presentation on Per Diem and Travel Policies by Walter Barnes.
(Scheduled break - 10 minutes)
- Consideration of Status report from Facilities Working Group Subcommittee.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.