State Stem Cell Agency ICOC Agenda 03-01-05
Return to CIRM Meetings and Events
California State Stem Cell Agency
Regular Meeting 03-01-05
Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Spotlight Presentation on Cystic Fibrosis (pdf).
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Informational Presentation on Standards and Guidelines for Protections and Ethics by Alta Charo, Elizabeth Wilson Professor of Law and Bioethics at the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- Approval of minutes from February 3, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Informational Presentation by Controller Steve Westly on fiscal oversight and accountability: Consideration of best practices and State Controller Steve Westly’s recommendations to the ICOC in establishing fiscal and performance measurement.
- Personnel: (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D).) Consideration of Candidate for Interim President for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
- Consideration of appointment of Interim President and compensation.
- Consideration of Conflict of Interest Code for ICOC Members and CIRM staff, Conflicts Policy for ICOC Members and Incompatible Activities Statement for CIRM Staff.
- Consideration of delegation of authority to Chair to respond to petitions filed pursuant to Government Code section 11340.6, including petition filed by Charles Halpern and Philip R. Lee.
- Consideration of proposed framework for initial grants program, including categories of grants and types of recipients.
- Consideration of status report from Grants Working Group Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of status report from Facilities Working Group Search Subcommittee, including the process for selecting members of the Facilities Working Group and cost effectiveness of grants, including prototype development, renovation of existing facilities and specialized facilities.
- Consideration of status report from Standards Working Group Search Subcommittee, including consideration of appointment of 5 ICOC members to the Standards Working Group.
- Consideration of status report from Site Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of status report from Presidential Search Subcommittee, including CIRM President job summary and criteria and executive search process timeline.
- Consideration of Expense Policy for ICOC and CIRM staff. Reimbursable Subsistence.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at https://www.cirm.ca.gov.
Date Published: April 6, 2009
Last Modified: April 5, 2017