March 2020 ICOC Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
EMERGENCY MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: March 27th, 2020
Time: 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
Pursuant to Government Code section 11125.5, the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee shall hold an emergency meeting to address a proposal to mitigate the effects of COVID-19.
Pursuant to Executive Order N-29-20, certain provisions of the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act are suspended due to a State of Emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consistent with the Executive Order, the emergency meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee will be conducted by teleconference only. None of the locations from which board members will participate will be open to the public. Members of the public who wish to listen to the meeting may do so via telephone by calling 877-336-4437; access code 5493051. Members of the public who wish to comment during the meeting may do so by telephone.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *1 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment, please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
- Dial-In Number: (877) 336-4437
- Access code: 5493051
Event password: 5493051
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
- Consideration of existence of emergency situation. “Emergency situation” means any of the following, as determined by a majority of the members of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee:
(a) Work stoppage or other activity that severely impairs public health or safety, or both.
(b) Crippling disaster that severely impairs public health or safety, or both.
- Consideration of reallocation of existing research funds and allocation of recovered funds to address COVID-19 using a mechanism combining CIRM’s existing CLIN, TRAN and DISC program announcements with modifications.
- Reappointment/appointment of Scientific Members to the Grants Working Group.
- Public comment.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9111 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-340-9111.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.