January 26 ICOC/ARS Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE AND
THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: January 26, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: The Lighthouse
685 Gateway Blvd., Presentation Room
South San Francisco, CA 94080
This meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee and the Application Review Subcommittee will be conducted in person and via teleconference option listed below, which will be made accessible to the public. Members of the public may attend this meeting in person at the address printed above or remotely via the options listed below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dial in number: (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 846 6827 4109
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Chairman’s Report
- Statement of Interest by Nominees for Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
- Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D))
- Interviews for Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
- Recommendation regarding start date for Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
- Consideration of Nominees for Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC including election of Chair
- Consideration of start date for Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
- Consideration of minutes from December 15 ICOC/ARS Meeting
- Consideration of appointment of scientific members to the Grants Working Group
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to Clinical Trial Stage Projects Program Announcement (CLIN 1 or 2)
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to Discovery Stage Research Projects Program Announcement (DISC 2)
- Summaries (updated 1/23/23)
- Letter to the Board – DISC2-14071
- Letter to the Board – DISC2-14083
- Letter to the Board – DISC2- 14089
- Consideration of Neuro Strategy Task Force of the Board
- Consideration of appointment of New Vice Chair as Chair of the Accessibility and Affordability Working Group
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications submitted in response to agenda item 10 and 11 above. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
- President’s Report
- Updates from the Accessibility and Affordability Working Group
- General comments on ARS Process
- Public comment
- Swearing in of the New Vice Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Marianne Dequina-Villablanca at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9111 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Last Modified: May 26, 2023