Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting January 27, 2011
Crowne Plaza SFO
1177 Airport Blvd
Burlingame, CA 94010
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
4. Swearing in of new and returning Board Members.
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
5. Chairman’s Report.
8. Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group regarding applications submitted in response to RFA 10-02: CIRM Tools and Technology Awards II.
10. a. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
b. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for RFA 10-02: CIRM Tools and Technology Awards II and Early Translational II Research Application 1778 (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
12. Consideration of determination that service by Patient Advocate members of the Grants Working Group, the Vice Chair of the Facilities Working Group, and the Co-Chair of the Standards Working Group requires an extraordinary commitment of time and adoption of administrative policy to implement stipend for such members.
14. Consideration of plan for CIRM support for attendance at ISSCR annual meeting by Patient Advocates, CIRM Bridges Scholars and other CIRM funded early career scientists.
15. Consideration of proposed regulatory language/process for multiple payback alternative to warrant coverage for loans.
a.Memo re. Multiple Payback Alternative to Warrant Coverage for Loans
b. REG LANGUAGE / Actual regulatory language for Multiple Payback Alternative
16. Consideration of report and recommendations from Governance Subcommittee, including: (a) discussion regarding parameters/criteria for Chair and opportunity to seek input from the Board and (b) recommendation regarding CIRM’s response to request by Citizens’ Financial Accountability Oversight Committee to post Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700) and travel expense claims filed by members of the Board and CIRM’s executive staff.
16Ai Memo of Summary of Duties Parameters for Chair
16Aii Memo from Claire Pomeroy to Sherry Lansing 16Aiii Meeting Allocation Summary 2011 16B ICOC Memo- CFAOC Request to post Form 700
17. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .