Grant Award Details
- To conduct a well-prepared pre-IND meeting with FDA for HSC-engineered off-the-shelf Allogeneic BCMA-Targeting CAR-iNKT (AlloBCAR-iNKT) cells.
Grant Application Details
- HSC-Engineered Off-The-Shelf CAR-iNKT Cell Therapy for Multiple Myeloma
stem cell-based off-the-shelf CAR-iNKT cells
Area of Impact
multiple myeloma (MM)
Mechanism of Action
The proposed therapeutic candidate can directly kill MM tumor cells.
Unmet Medical Need
MM remains an incurable disease, with a high relapse rate. The proposed therapeutic candidate can offer a new treatment opportunity for a broad base of MM patients.
Pre-IND meeting with the FDA
Major Proposed Activities
- Pharmacology study of the therapeutic candidate
- Chemistry/Manufacturing/Control (CMC) study of the therapeutic candidate
- Safety study of the therapeutic candidate
In 2021 alone, it is estimated that over 3,320 Californians will be diagnosed with MM, and over 1,250 Californians will die of this disease. MM results in devastating economic impacts to the state of California, in addition to the substantial economic and emotional impacts on individual patients and their families. The proposed therapeutic candidate can potentially become a life-saving treatment for MM patients and therefore benefit the state of California.