Grant Award Details
- The objective of this award is to develop an allogeneic HSC-engineered iNKT (HSC-iNKT) cell therapy for treating COVID-19 patients.
Grant Application Details
- Battling COVID-19 Using Off-The-Shelf HSC-Engineered iNKT Cells
allogeneic HSC-engineered iNKT (HSC-iNKT) cells
treatment for COVID-19
Major Proposed Activities
- Milestone 1. Production of AlloHSC-iNKT and UHSC-iNKT cells
- Milestone 2. Characterization of the AlloHSC-iNKT and UHSC-iNKT cells
- Milestone 3. Delivery of the new therapeutic candidate
The novel SARS-CoV-2 is the cause of the coronavirus disease 19 (COVID-19) pandemic, which is responsible for over 10.3 million cases and 500,000 deaths worldwide. There are over 2.6 million COVID-19 cases in the US, including over 217,000 cases in California. The proposed off-the-shelf allogeneic HSC-engineered iNKT (HSC-iNKT) cell therapy, if successful, may provide a treatment and save lives of COVID-19 patients at California.