MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2012
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hilton SFO Bayfront Hotel
600 Airport Boulevard
Burlingame, CA 94010
Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute
10901 N. Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
2121 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 2020
Los Angeles, CA 90067
747 52nd Street
Oakland, CA 94609
Dial In (866) 236-2635
Code - 269725
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Chairman’s Report.
5. President’s Report.
6. Consideration of applications for RFA 12-05: CIRM Strategic Partnership I Awards.
Extraordinary Petition for application SP1-06467
7. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications for Strategic Partnership I Awards (RFA 12-05) (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
8. Consideration of Disease Team III concept plan.
9. Consideration of Strategic Partnership II concept plan..
10. Discussion of Personnel [Evaluation of President] (Government Code section 11126 subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
11. Consideration of creation of a discretionary fund for supplements to existing grants.
12. Consideration of appointment of new Scientific members of the Grants Working Group.
13. Consideration of amendments to the Grants Working Group bylaws to include the roles and responsibilities of the participants in the Grants Working Group.
14. Consideration of including budget as a formal criterion for review of research applications.
15. Consideration of Recommendations from the Governance Subcommittee, including:
a. Presidential succession plan
b. Manner of disqualification for Board members when an applicant selfidentifies
c. Amendments to the Internal Governance Policy
16. Consideration of proposed amendment to Regulation 100603 to require CIRM grantees to make CIRM-funded publications available to the public within 12 months of publication.
17. Consideration of minutes from the September ICOC board meeting.
18. Consideration of financial audit for Fiscal Year 2011-2012.
20. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.