Paul Brest Hall
Stanford, CA 94305
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting December 15, 2010
Paul Brest Hall
Stem Cell Agency Governing Board Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
4. Chairman’s Report.
5. President’s Report.
6. Consideration of minutes from previous Board meeting.
7. Consideration of plan for CIRM support for attendance at ISSCR annual meeting by Patient Advocates, CIRM Bridges Scholars and other CIRM funded early career scientists.
8. Consideration of candidates for Vice-Chair of ICOC.
9. Consideration of Bylaws Vice-Chair.
10. Consideration of candidates for Chair of ICOC.
MEMO RE. ELECTION OF CHAIR AND VICE-CHAIR: PROCEDURES
STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY FROM SENATOR ART TORRES
STATEMENT OF CANDIDACY FROM BOB KLEIN
STATEMENT FROM ART TORRES
LETTER FROM SHERRY LANSING
11. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
12. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .