210 King Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94017
California State Stem Cell Agency
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (“ICOC”)
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
3. Consideration of appointment of At-Large Members and Chair and Vice-Chair for Evaluation Subcommittee.
A. Procedure for Conducting Evaluation of Chair, Vice-Chair and President (Background - previously posted for ICOC)
B. Membership List for Evaluation Subcommittee (For reference, as per Procedure document)
4. Consideration of position description for Vice President, Research and Development.
- Memo regarding Vice President, Research and Development position
- Job description for Vice President, Research and Development position
- Org Chart Reflecting Role of Vice President, Research and Development
5. Interim report on Legislative Subcommittee action regarding response to Little Hoover Commission Report on CIRM – board action on this matter to be agendized for ICOC meeting scheduled for August 19-20.
A. Letter to Little Hoover Commission from Senate Majority Leader Dean Florez
B. Memo to ICOC from Bob Klein and Art Torres
C. Letter to Little Hoover Commission from CIRM Leadership
D. Memo to Little Hoover Commission from Remcho, Johansen and Purcell
6. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.