State Stem Cell Agency ICOC/Governing Board Meeting June 22-3, 2011
Stem Cell Agency ICOC Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
Reports & Discussion Items
4. Chairman’s Report.
6. Consideration of candidates for Chair of the Governing Board of CIRM, including election and compensation of new Chair.
* Nomination letter from Governor
* Nomination letter from Lt. Governor
* Nomination letter from Treasurer
* Nominations letter from Controller
* Frank Litvack Letter & Bio
* John Thomas Letter & CV
* Letter to Board from Frank Litvack
* Endorsement Letter from Bernard Siegel
* Letter from Bill Lockyer
*Letter from Eduardo Marban
* Letter from Senator Diane Feinstein
7. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
9. Consideration of Standards Working Group Resolution on U.S. Clinical Trials.
Resolution from Standards Working Group Re: Clinical Trials
10. Consideration of Report Regarding IOM Study.
11. Consideration of staff recommendation to correct the amount of the grant award approved by the Board for TR2-01794 under the Early Translational II RFA.
14. Consideration of recommendations from Governance Subcommittee regarding the following:
a.MEMO from Board counsel summarizing amendments to Internal Governance Policy
*Internal Governance Policy – Amendments
b. Code of Conduct
c. Consideration of contracts above $250,000, but below $500,000, including The Mitchell Group, Kutir Corporation, and Nancy Koch.
19. Consideration of augmentation of budget of the Office of the Chair to fund, as necessary, contract for federal governmental relations support.
20. Consideration of recommendations from Legislative Subcommittee regarding the following:
c. Amendment to Board bylaws to authorize Legislative Subcommittee to take action, by a two-thirds vote, between Board meetings with respect to state and federal legislation.
d. Proposed Additional Agenda Item – Consideration of H.R. 1862 (The Regenerative Medicine Promotion Act of 2011
*Memo from Scott Tocher “Regenerative Medicine Promotion Act of 2011” – HR 1862
*Bill HR 1862
21. Consideration of position descriptions for Chief Financial Officer and Director of Public Communications.
Position Description for Director of Public Communications
Draft Position Description for Cheif Financial Officer
22. Swearing In of New Chair
24.Proposed Addtional Agenda Item – Consideration of creation of Intellectual Property Subcommittee and appointment of Subcommittee leadership and members.
25. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at https://www.cirm.ca.gov .
Last Modified: April 5, 2017