|MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA|
SPECIAL MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZEN’S OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Call to Order By State Treasurer and State Controller
3. Oaths of Office for Committee Members
4. Roll Call for the 27 Appointed Committee Members
5. Consideration and election of individuals nominated by the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, State Treasurer, and State Controller for Chairperson and Vice Chairperson, pursuant to section 125290.20, paragraph (6), subdivision (a) under the California Stem Cell Research and Cures Act.
6. Oath of Office for Chair and Vice Chair
7. Overview of the State's financial responsibility requirements including:
(a) The availability of, and claiming procedures for, the start up loan authorized pursuant to Section 125281.13(5)(b) of the California Stem Cell Research and Cures Act (Act).
(b) The Financial Accountability Oversight Committee established pursuant to Section 125281.05 of the Act.
(c) Best practices related to revenues generated from patent royalties and licenses as authorized by the Act.
8. Overview of Government and Ethics Issues
9. Discussion of Bylaws
10. Discussion concerning the location and headquarters of the Institute and possible formation of a committee for purposes of locating suitable office space for the Institute.
11. Establish a hiring committee to develop a process for interviewing and hiring a President and selecting Working Group Members with general strategy and timeline approved by the board.
12. Delegation of Authority to the Chair
13. Scheduling of Subsequent Meeting(s) of the ICOC
14. Public comment. Comment will be limited to three minutes per speaker.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizen's Oversight Committee complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing this notice and information given to the Members of the Independent Citizen's Oversight Committee in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact the State Treasurer's Office at (916) 653-2995 or the State Controller’s Office at (916) 445-2636 no later than the day prior to the meeting, and Telecommunication Device for the Deaf (TDD) services at (916) 324-6547. Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizen's Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to State Treasurer’s Office at (916) 653- 2995 or State Controller's Office at (916) 445-2636. This meeting agenda is also available on the State Treasurer's and State Controller's Web sites at http://www.treasurer.ca.gov/ and http://www.sco.ca.gov/.