March 28 ICOC/ARS Meeting
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE AND
THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Date: March 28, 2023
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Location: The Lighthouse
685 Gateway Blvd., Presentation Room
South San Francisco, CA 94080
This meeting of the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee and the Application Review Subcommittee will be conducted in person and via teleconference option listed below, which will be made accessible to the public. Members of the public may attend this meeting in person at the address printed above or remotely via the options listed below.
Public Comment Instructions
Members of the public who are listening to the meeting and wish to make a comment will have the opportunity to do so by doing the following:
- Once we have called for public comment, members of the public will be able to do so by pressing *9 which will place you in a queue to make your comment
- Once we call your name you will have 3 Minutes to make your public comment; please remember to be respectful of the time limit.
- Written comment may be sent to the following email address: email@example.com.
Dial in number: (669) 900-6833
Meeting ID: 819 9155 2561
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Chairman’s Report
- President’s Report
- Consideration of minutes from January 26 ICOC/ARS Meeting and February 23 ARS Meeting
- Consideration of appointment of scientific members to the Grants Working Group
- Consideration of New Board Member Committee Appointments:
- Maria Bonneville as Co-Chair of Communications Subcommittee
- Pat Levitt as Co-Chair of Governance Subcommittee
- Mohamed Abousalem as Co-Chair of IP & Industry Subcommittee
- Consideration of applications submitted in response to Discovery Stage Research Projects Program Announcement (DISC 0)
- Consideration of Facility Working Group Bylaws
- Consideration of amendments to Patient Support Program Concept Plan
- Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications submitted in response to agenda item 8 above. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
- Updates from Communications Subcommittee
- Updates from the Accessibility and Affordability Working Group
- Updates from Neuro Strategy Task Force of the Board
- General comments on ARS Process
- Public comment
- Resolutions honoring Art Torres and Jonathan Thomas
- Swearing in of the New Chair of the Governing Board/ICOC
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Marianne Dequina-Villablanca at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 510-340-9101 no later than the day prior to the meeting.