MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Enter Conference ID: 216352 then click "Go"
Pacific Ballroom D
Irvine, CA 92697
ValleyCare Health System
5575 West Las Positas Blvd., Suite 300
Pleasanton, CA 94588
4610 X St., #3209
Sacramento, CA 95817
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
10901 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of
each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
Reports & Discussion Items
5. President’s Report, including but not limited to budget report and contract report.
Statement regarding CIRM's consideration of therapy development projects
President's report presentation
9. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(f) (3) (D)).
10. Consideration of recommendations from the Intellectual Property Subcommittee and the Science Subcommittee regarding the Opportunity Fund, including the Strategic Partnership Funding Program.
12. Consideration of Concept Approval of Creativity Awards.
13. Consideration of Concept Approval of Basic Biology IV.
14. Consideration of appointment of new members to the Scientific and Medical Accountability Standards Working Group.
15. Consideration of resolution honoring John R. Sladek, Jr., Ph.D.., for his service to CIRM as Chair of the Grants Working Group.
16. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any
subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting
facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the
Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need
further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville
at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting
may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.