INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE (“ICOC”)
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
It is recommended that members of the public planning to attend the 2/3/05 ICOC meeting not plan to park on site, as there is no parking available. Public transportation stops right in front of The Neurosciences Institute, including city buses and several shuttles such as the Coaster from Sorrento Valley.
There are some public parking lots nearby the Institute, but there is no way to guarantee spaces in those lots as they are used on a first come, first serve basis.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Call to Order.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from January 6, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Download Minutes.
- CIRM Interim Office space update.
- CIRM Staffing update.
- Consideration of summary minute report of the Presidential Search Committee.
- Download Minutes.
- Consideration of qualifications for candidates for president and procedures for appointment, including role of Presidential Search Committee.
- Consideration of selection of Executive Search firm to assist in search for President, including presentations from three Executive Search firms whose proposals were recommended by the ICOC Presidential Search Committee:
- AT Kearney
- Isaacson Miller
- Spencer Stuart
- Personnel: (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d)(3)(D).) Consideration of Candidates for Acting President for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine.
- Consideration of Request for Proposal drafts for Executive Search Firms in connection with search for Chief Operating Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and General Counsel.
- Click here to download RFQ for General Counsel Position.
- Consideration of summary minute reports for the following:
a. Site Search Committee
i. Download Minutes
b. Working Groups Subcommittees
1. Download Minutes
1. Download Minutes
2. Click to download Search Committee Criteria
3. Click to download Nomination Invitation
4. Click to download Selection Process Flow Sheet
5. Click to download Grants Teams
- Consideration of strategy regarding the award of scientific and medical research grants, including categories of grants and types of recipients.
a. Click to download Proposed Grant Types.
- Consideration of creation of Intellectual Property Advisory Council to make recommendations to the ICOC re: standards for IP agreements.
- Scheduling of Subsequent Meeting(s) of the ICOC.
a. Click to download meeting dates.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
- "A Spotlight Presentation" on Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
a .Click to download "The Story of ALS."
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.