Education: Conference Grants
EDUC 1: Funding Opportunity for Conference Grants
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell therapies to patients with unmet medical needs.
The objective of this program announcement (PA) is to create a highly competitive opportunity for CIRM to support valuable mission-specific scientific conferences. A scientific conference is defined as an organized event where persons physically assemble to exchange scientific information and explore a defined scientific subject relevant to CIRM’s mission. Support of such conferences is contingent on the fiscal and programmatic priorities of CIRM at time of submission.
Under this program, CIRM will only accept applications for review of conferences aligned with CIRM’s short and long-term goals. In addition, CIRM may issue specific requests for applications to develop a conference in collaboration with CIRM to fulfill a specifically defined need. The due date for the next round of applications is 2:00pm on February 28, 2018. Please note that applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of the proposed conference. Applications under this program announcement will be accepted 4 times per year (approximately every 3 months).
Please see the PA for full details and submission deadlines:
- EDUC 1: Funding Opportunity for Conference Grants [pdf] (updated 6.26.17)
EDUC 1.8: Funding Opportunity for the 2018 Alpha Stem Cell Clinic Symposium
The objective of this request for applications (RFA) is to solicit a highly qualified applicant to assist CIRM in the planning and execution the annual CIRM Alpha Clinics Symposium.
The CIRM Alpha Clinics are designed to provide critical operational support for the conduct of investigational stem cell therapy clinical trials and create a center of excellence for approved stem cell therapies. The clinics provide focused resources and expertise in clinical research with novel stem cell-based products, and an array of critical clinical operations support and patient care coordination personnel and resources. CIRM’s Alpha Stem Cell Clinic Annual Symposium is a one-day conference designed to showcase the needs, status, and science taking place at the CIRM Alpha Stem Cell clinical trial sites in California.
The due date for applications is 2:00pm on December 18th, 2017.
Please see the RFA for full details:
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Under the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.