Education: Conference Grants
EDUC 1: Funding Opportunity for Conference Grants
The mission of California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) is to accelerate stem cell therapies to patients with unmet medical needs.
The objective of this program announcement (PA) is to create a highly competitive opportunity for CIRM to support valuable mission-specific scientific conferences. A scientific conference is defined as an organized event where persons physically assemble to exchange scientific information and explore a defined scientific subject relevant to CIRM’s mission. Support of such conferences is contingent on the fiscal and programmatic priorities of CIRM at time of submission.
Under this program, CIRM will only accept applications for review of conferences aligned with CIRM’s short and long-term goals. In addition, CIRM may issue specific requests for applications to develop a conference in collaboration with CIRM to fulfill a specifically defined need. The due date for the next round of applications is 2:00pm on November 30, 2017. Please note that applications must be submitted at least 90 days prior to the first day of the proposed conference. Applications under this program announcement will be accepted 4 times per year (approximately every 3 months).
Please see the PA for full details and submission deadlines:
- EDUC 1: Funding Opportunity for Conference Grants [pdf] (updated 6.26.17)
EDUC 1.5: Funding Opportunity to Manage the 2018 SPARK Annual Meeting
The objective of this request for applications (RFA) is to solicit a highly qualified applicant to develop and manage the 2018 annual meeting in support of the CIRM SPARK program through CIRM’s Conference Grant Program.
The SPARK program offers California high school students an invaluable opportunity to gain hands-on training in stem cell research at some of the leading research institutes in California. The annual SPARK meeting will be a one-day program that highlights the work of these students through posters and presentations and will also feature talks by patient advocates and leading scientists in the field of regenerative medicine. The Awardee will retain the primary responsibility for planning, directing, and executing the proposed event.
The due date for applications is 2:00pm on October 20th, 2017.
Please see the RFA for full details and submission deadlines:
To Submit an Application:
- Go to the Grants Management Portal (https://grants.cirm.ca.gov) and log in with your existing CIRM Username and Password. If you do not have a Username, Click on the "New User" link and follow the instructions to create a CIRM Username and password.
- After logging in, Click on the Menu tab. Select the tab labeled "Open Programs". Under the section labeled "RFAs and Programs Open for Applications", click on the "Start a Grant Application" link for your selected program.
- Complete each section of the Application by clicking on the appropriate link and following the posted instructions. Proposal templates can be located and submitted under the "Uploads" section.
- To submit your Application, click on the "Done with Application" button. The "Done with Application" button will be enabled when all of the mandatory sections have been completed. Please note that once this has been selected, you will no longer be able to make changes to your Application.
- To confirm submission of your Application, select the tab labeled "Your Applications" and check the table under the section labeled "Your Submitted Applications". You will see your Application number and project title listed once the submission process has been completed.