210 King Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
STATE STEM CELL AGENCY GOVERNING BOARD SUBCOMMITTEE
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
OF THE INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant to the
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order
2. Roll Call
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
3. Consideration of presentation of information regarding scientific scores.
4. Consideration of commissioning IOM study regarding CIRM, including organizational structure, financial structure, conflicts policies, operations, scientific performance, and best practices, to enhance operations and scientific performance and identify critical scientific opportunities in the near term.
5. Consideration of scope of materials to be to be provided to GWG members in advance of meeting.
6. Consideration of policy regarding use of unused Disease Research Team Award funds for Clinical Trials.
7. Discussion of the following items:
a. Pre-application review
b. Extraordinary Petition /Appeals process
c. Pre-funding Administrative Review
d. Progress Reports
e. Prioritization of scientific progress towards cures and maximization of scientific opportunities to best serve patients (e.g., recommendation regarding reduced funding, before presentation to the Board).
8. Public comment.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .