Paul Brest Hall
Stanford, CA 94305
Paul Brest Hall
Stanford, CA 94305
California State Stem Cell Agency
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
4. Chairman’s Report.
- CIRM Budget and Expenditure Summary Report as of 10/31/09
- CIRM Final Budget and Expenditure Report as of 6/30/09
6. Financial Audit Report from Macias, Gini and O’Connell. (Will take place Dec. 10th)
7. Consideration of minutes from October 27-8, 2009 ICOC meeting.
8. Consideration for approval amendments to Cal. Code of Regulations section 100070.
9. Consideration of new scientific membersof Grants Working Group.
10. Consideration of amendments to Grants Working Group bylaws.
11. Consideration of appointment of Administrative Chair of Grants Working Group.
12. Consideration of amendment of motion adopted in January 2009 not to fund Tier II applications for Bridges to Stem Cell Research Awards and for Training Grant II Awards; if approved, consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group regarding Tier II applications for Bridges to Stem Cell Research Awards and for Training Grant II Awards.
13. a. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product and prepublication, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for Bridges to Stem Cell Research and Training Grant II, awards. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C)).
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
*It is expected that the items below this point will occur on December 10, 2009*
14. Consideration of compensation of statutory Vice Chair.
15. Consideration of recommendation for continuation of Pre-Application Process.
16. Consideration of concept approval for Early Translational Awards.
17. Consideration of approval of Disease Research Team Application No. DR1-01471, subject to President’s determination that the application, as modified, can achieve the aims of the original application.
18. Consideration of creation of a board Subcommittee on Communications with the California Public and a Task Force of the Subcommittee on Public Media. Consideration shall include, without limitation, appointment of the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Subcommittee and the Task Force Leadership.
19. Consideration of request to President to present recommendation at next Board meeting regarding modification of Disease Research Team Awards, Grants Administration Policy, and Loan Administration Policy to permit unutilized Disease Research Team Award funds to be used for Phase 1 or Phase 2A or 2B human clinical trial after FDA approval.
20. Consideration of correction to Grants Administration Policy regarding conflict of interest appeals.
21. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .