THE INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 AM IN CONFERENCE ROOM 1-102
- Call to Order.
- Spotlight Presentation on Liver Disease.
MOVE TO BOARD ROOM AT 9:00 AM (Estimated time).
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Consideration of Per Diem and Travel Expense Reimbursement Policy for ICOC and CIRM staff.
- Approval of minutes from February 3, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Approval of minutes from March 1, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- President's Report.
- Consideration of Conflicts Policy for ICOC Members.
- Consideration of Conflicts Policy for CIRM staff.
- Consideration of policies for Working Groups, including confidentiality, meeting format, conflict of interest, compensation and chair positions. Pre-Review COI. Post-Review COI. Standards COI.
- Consideration of Proposal for CIRM Training Grants Program for future stem cell researchers.
- Consideration of charging Institute staff with developing a proposal for CIRM Research Grants Program to be considered at the 5/6 ICOC meeting.
- Closed session to consider Pending Litigation: (Government Code Section 11126 subdivision (e).)
People's Advocate vs. Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, CA Supreme Court, No. S131655, and Californians for Public Accountability and Ethical Science vs. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, CA Supreme Court, No. S131677.
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of resolution: requesting the California Stem Cell Research and Cures Finance Committee to approve the issuance of bonds, in an amount not to exceed $3 billion, pursuant to the California Stem Cell Research and Cures Bond Act of 2004 (Proposition 71); authorizing application to the Pooled Money Investment Board for interim financing in relation to such bonds; and delegating duties to the Chairman in relation thereto.
- Consideration of status report from Standards Working Group Search Subcommittee, including but not limited to consideration of appointment of members (5 ICOC Patient Advocates, 9 Scientists, and 4 Medical Ethicists) to the Standards Working Group.
- Consideration of status report from Grants Working Group Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of status report from Facilities Working Group Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of status report from Site Search Subcommittee.
- Consideration of status report from Presidential Search Subcommittee, including CIRM President job summary and criteria, executive search process timeline and interview teams.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.