SCIENTIFIC & MEDICAL RESEARCH FUNDING WORKING GROUP
(GRANTS REVIEW WORKING GROUP)
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order (welcoming remarks of regional representatives, if so desired)
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Consideration of and update on SCA 13 (Ortiz/Runner) and other legislation.
- Approval of minutes from May 23, 2005 ICOC meeting.
- Consideration of amendments to enhance conflict of interest code categories to reflect new hires and current staff responsibilities.
- Consideration of bridge financing and other finance and charitable donation actions.
- Consideration of status report from Facilities Working Group Search Subcommittee, including but not limited to consideration of appointment of members (ICOC Patient Advocates and Real-Estate Specialists) to the Facilities Working Group.
- Consideration of meetings policy and procedures for Standards Working Group.
- Consideration of alternates for Grants Working Group.
- Pending Litigation: People's Advocate v. Independent Citizens' Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766 (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Six month Review/Update on Stem Cell Research in California and CIRM progress.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.