INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from August 2, 2006 ICOC meeting.
- Chairman’s Report.
- President’s Report.
7. Consideration of Action Items from the Facilities Working Group, including but not limited to:
a. Draft Interim Procedures and Criteria for Conducting Review of Shared Space Laboratories Applications.
b. Draft Bylaws for the Facilities Working Group.
c. Interim policy regarding matching fund credits for major facilities grant applications.
8. Consideration of authorization for president to hire additional science personnel.
9. Consideration of action items for Grants Working Group including but not limited to:
a. Appointment of alternate members of Grants Working Group.
b. Per Diem for subject expert specialists for grant reviews.
10. Consideration of action items regarding Intellectual Property Regulations for Non-Profit Organizations, including
but not limited to:
a. Emergency adoption of interim policy pursuant to the Administrative Procedures Act.
b. Permanent adoption of Proposed Regulations 100300 - 100305; 100307-100310.
11. Consideration of report from Intellectual Property Task Force including but not limited to:
a. Draft CIRM Policy for For-Profit Organizations.
b. Update on possible open-access question for scholarly articles published by CIRM-funded grantees.
a. Pending Litigation (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)): (1) People’s Advocate v. Independent
Citizens’ Oversight Committee, First District Court of Appeal, Case No. A114282 and California Family
Bioethics Council v. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, First District Court of Appeal, Case No.
A114195; (2) Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No.
06-55387; and (3) National Tax Limitation Foundation v. Westly, Sacramento Court Superior Court, Case
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
14. Consideration of CIRM Scientific Strategic Plan and continued items including values, mission statement,
slogan and strategic principles.
a. Slide Presentation on Draft Scientific Strategic Plan
15. Consideration of amendment to Internal Governance Policy permitting president to augment staff salaries
within specified salary ranges approved by ICOC.
16. Consideration of amendment to paragraph 5 of Conflict of Interest Policy for Members of the Independent
Citizens Oversight Committee to make clear that a member may not participate in a consent item decision in
which the member has a conflict of interest.
17. Consideration of response from Office of Administrative Law Regarding CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.