INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
MEETING STARTS AT 8:00 AM IN the USC/Norris Cancer Center, Topping Tower, 7th Floor, Conference Room #7407
- Call to Order.
- Spotlight Presentation on Autism.
MOVE TO Mayer Auditorium/Keith Admin. Bldg. at 9:00 AM (Estimated time)
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from February 10, 2006 ICOC meeting.
- Chairman’s Report.
- President’s Report
a. Plan for Development of a Scientific Strategic Plan for the CIRM
8. Consideration of Strategic Plan focused ICOC meetings to take place as follows:
a. On June 1st or at the June 2nd ICOC meeting, to consider Mission and Objectives of the Strategic Plan;
b. On August 1st or at the August 2nd ICOC meeting, to examine Strategic Plan Values;
c. On October 11th or at the October 12th ICOC meeting, to begin ICOC review of draft Strategic Plan
presented by the CIRM President;
d. On December 6th or at the December 7th ICOC meeting, for Strategic Plan review and/or possible final
e. In each case, this subject matter will be discussed either the night before or during the already scheduled
ICOC meeting, subject to ICOC final scheduling approvals.
9. Consideration of acceptance of monetary and stock gifts to CIRM. (Specific gifts)
10. Consideration of report from Governance Subcommittee, including but not limited to:
a. ICOC bylaws;
b. CIRM compensation plan;
c. CIRM policy on accepting gifts of real and personal property and opportunity to name CIRM programs or
facilities after donors;
d. Contract and interagency agreementupdate including but not limited to strategic plan consulting contract.
i. Contract and interagency agreement spreadsheet
11. Consideration of Proposed Interim CIRM Grants Administration Policy.
12. Consideration of legislation relevant to CIRM, and ICOC positions thereon.
a. State Bill Update
b. Letters from Senator Ortiz & CIRM Responses
c. SB 401 (Ortiz/Runner)
- Pending Litigation (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)): People’s Advocate v. Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766, consolidated with California Family Bioethics Council v. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05235177; and Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. District Court, Central District, Case No. ED CV 05-00438.
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of report from IP Task Force.
- Consideration of additional interim CIRM Medical and Ethical Standard Regulation for Human Stem Cell Research
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.