INDEPENDENT CITIZENS' OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order (welcoming remarks of regional representatives, if so desired)
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from April 6, 2006 ICOC meeting.
- Chairman’s Report.
- President’s Report.
- Consideration of Proposed Interim CIRM Grants Administration Policy for Academic and Non-Profit Institutions.
- Consideration of Standards Working Group report, including but not limited to:
a. Update on APA process and timeline with respect to the CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations for Human Stem Cell Research.
b. Overview of public comments on and recommended changes to the CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards
Regulations for Human Stem Cell Research.
- Consideration of report from Governance Subcommittee, including but not limited to:
a. CIRM Employee Compensation Plan;
i. CIRM Compensation Structure Spreadsheet
b. Contract and interagency agreement update including but not limited to contracts for egg donor
conference and grants management software;
i. Contract summary and balances spreadsheet
ii. Arlington Group Contract Approval Form
iii. Mosaic Contract Approval Form
iv. IOM Contract Approval Form
c. CIRM Internal Governance Policy;
i. Background and Recommended Changes to Internal Governance Policy
d. CIRM FY 2006-2007 Budget;
e. Proposed amendments to CIRM gift policy;
i. Letter of Commitment
ii. Gift Policy with tracked changes
f. Informational update on ICOC per diem rates.
i. Excerpt from ICOC Bylaws regarding Per Diem
- Consideration of report from Legislative Subcommittee including but not limited to updates on legislation including SB 1260, SB 1822 and SB 401.
a. SB 1260 Analysis
- Consideration of ICOC Mission Statement and Objectives to provide direction for CIRM Scientific Strategic Plan.
- Follow-Up Slides From ICOC Mission/Objective Discussion
- Consideration of Conflict of Interest Regulations for CIRM Working Groups; Regulations 100001-100004:
a. Update on APA process and timeline with respect to Conflict of Interest Regulations for CIRM Working
b. Consideration of the regulations.
- Pending Litigation (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (e)): People’s Advocate v. Independent Citizens’ Oversight Committee, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05206766, consolidated with California Family Bioethics Council v. California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Alameda County Superior Court, Case No. HG05235177; and Mary Scott Doe v. Robert Klein, et al., U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Case No. 06-55387.
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of report from Intellectual Property Task Force.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.