Stem Cell Research Guidance Documents
CIRM has created guidance documents to summarize the CIRM MES regulations and to help grantees in complying with those regulations. Unlike the regulations, these guidance documents are only advisory, with no legal or regulatory effect. The CIRM MES regulations are legally binding and can be found in Chapter 2 of Title 17 of the California Code of Regulations, beginning with Section 100010.
- Guidance for Use of Lines from NIH hESC Registry [pdf] (Updated April, 2010)
- Reformatted Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations (Unofficial) [pdf]
- Guidance for CIRM Medical and Ethical Standards Regulations Governing Donation of Oocytes for CIRM-Funded Research [pdf]
- Guidance for SCRO Approval Letters [pdf]
Latest Press Releases
CIRM-funded research programs are helping turn stem cells into cures. Browse our press release archive below to find out the latest advances. For even more breaking news, visit our blog, The Stem Cellar.
Feb 27, 2023
Jan 26, 2023
Dec 15, 2022
Nov 29, 2022
CIRM holds regular scientific workshops and meetings to update the scientific staff and CIRM grantees about particular areas of stem cell and related research.
- Engineering Strategies, Opportunities, and Challenges for Tissue Repair and Regeneration: CIRM Workshop Summary and Recommendati [pdf]
- Cell Therapies for Parkinson’s Disease from Discovery to Clinic [pdf]
- Alpha Stem Cell Clinics: Delivering a New Kind of Medicine [pdf]
- Cerebral Palsy Workshop Report [pdf]