Report from CIRM Strategic Review Now Available
On October 13-15, a group of eight distinguished scientists, ethicists and patient advocates reviewed CIRM’s performance toward novel stem cell therapies as measured against the goals set forth in the agency’s 2006 Strategic Plan and the 2009 Strategic Plan Update. The report produced by the outside panel is now available for the public to review. It will be discussed by CIRM’s governing board, the ICOC, at a public meeting December 8 at the University of California, Irvine campus. Also that day, there will be an opportunity for members of the media to join a telephone briefing with CIRM leaders and members of the outside review panel.
- The review is available here [pdf]
- See a list of members and their biographies
- Letter from Robert Klein and Alan Trounson
Briefing documents for the external review:
- A Brief History, Current Status Report And Options for Next steps [pdf]
- Report of the Office of the Chairman to External Reviewers [pdf]