Doubletree Hotel Monrovia-Pasadena
924 West Huntington Drive
Monrovia, CA 91016
City of Hope
1500 Duarte Road
Duarte, CA 91010
Governing Board of the State Stem Cell Agency
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
4. Chairman’s Report [pdf
- Biographies of outside review panel referenced in the President's Report
- Budget Allocation and Expenditure Report
6. Consideration of minutes from previous meetings of Governing Board.
7. Consideration of report from Legislative Subcommittee on SB 1064 (Alquist) and recommendations regarding AB 1931 (Torrico)/ extension of Roman Reed Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act of 1999; and AB 1733 (Hill) – Director of California Biotechnology Retention and Recruitment.
8. Consideration of amendments to contract policy.
9. Consideration of Pregnancy Health Leave Policy.
12. Consideration of contract for legal services with Remcho, Johansen & Purcell.
13. a. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product and prepublication, and confidential scientific research or data relating to applications for CIRM Research Leadership Awards and CIRM Basic Biology Awards II. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C)).
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
14. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov .