INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To Government Code section 11346.5(a)(17)
The CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from May 6-7, 2008 ICOC Meeting.
- Consideration of final approval of Major Facilities Grant Administration Policy.
- Chairman’s Report.
- President’s Report.
- Presentation regarding potential collaborative arrangements with national and international funding agencies.
- Presentation on issues for consideration regarding clinical trials for human pluripotent stem cell derivatives.
- Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group on New Cell Lines applications.
- Consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group on Disease Team Planning applications.
a. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product and prepublication, confidential scientific
research or data relating to New Cell Lines and Disease Team Planning applications. (Health & Safety
Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C))..
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section
125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
***It is expected that most of the items below this will occur on June 27th 2008***
- Continuation of consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group on New Cell Lines and Disease Team Planning applications.
- Consideration of concept plan for Translational I RFA.
- Consideration of CIRM 2008-2009 Budget.
- Consideration of creation of International Subcommittee and appointments to the subcommittee. (This item is deferred from October 2007 ICOC meeting.)
- Consideration of Interim Regulation on the definition of “California Supplier.”
- Consideration of recommendations on RFA applicant policies.
- Consideration of administrative support services for board members.
- Consideration of President’s proposal to initiate regulatory process for amending Grants Administration Policy for Academic and Non-Profit Institutions.
a. Redlined version of amended Grants Administration Policy
- Consideration of report and recommendations from Legislative Subcommittee, including but not limited to, state legislation including AB 2381 (Mullin); SB 1565 (Kuehl and Runner), and AB 2663 (Dymally) and AB 2296 (Mullin), and federal legislation including S.5 and H.3 (Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act of 2007).
a. Resolution 2008-02 / SB 1565
b. Resolution 2008-03 / AB 2381
c. Resolution 2008-04 / AB 2296
d. Resolution 2008-05 / H.3-S.
- Consideration of amendments to bylaws for Grants Working Group.
- Consideration of issues affecting CIRM Major Facilities Grants.
- Consideration of adoption of amendments to Regulations 100407 and 100408.
- Consideration of new members for Standards Working Group.
- Report on gifts to the CIRM.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.