INDEPENDENT CITIZENS OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE ("ICOC")
TO THE CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (CIRM)
Organized Pursuant To Government Code section 11346.5(a)(17)
The CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
- Call to Order.
- Pledge of Allegiance.
- Roll Call.
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each agenda item. Speakers are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
- Approval of minutes from August 12-13, 2008 ICOC Meeting.
- Chairman's Report.
- President's Report.
- Communications/Outreach Report.
- Informational presentation on CIRM program budget and funds available for research grants and loans.
- Continuation of consideration of recommendations from Grants Working Group on New Faculty Awards II Applications.
- a. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product and prepublication, confidential scientific research or data relating to New Faculty Awards II applications. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(d) (3) (B) and (C)).
b. Discussion of Personnel (Government Code section 11126, subdivision (a); Health & Safety Code section 125290.30(d) (3) (D)).
- Public report of any action taken, if necessary, during closed session.
- Consideration of appointment of new scientific members for Grants Working Group.
- Consideration of names for CIRM funded Major Facilities.
- Consideration of adoption of Interim Regulation regarding Policy for Extraordinary Petitions for ICOC Consideration of Applications for Funding.
- Consideration of CIRM Loan Policy, including but not limited to:
a. Loan Portfolio Policies
ADDENDUM TO LOAN PORTFOLIO POLICIES
b. Business Review Processes for CIRM Loan Program.
DELEGATED UNDERWRITER FUNCTIONS
16. Consideration of petition to designate a “covered stem cell line” as acceptably derived.
17. Consideration of project to consolidate non-profit and for-profit intellectual property regulations and approval
to initiate process under Administrative Procedure Act.
18. Consideration of administrative Review of Letters of Interest in response to RFAs.
- Informational presentation on the proposed Disease Team RFA.
- Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
Notice is hereby given that the order of consideration of matters on this agenda may be changed without prior notice.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Melissa King at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.