MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
INDEPENDENT CITIZENS’ OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE
CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE MEDICINE AND THE APPLICATION REVIEW SUBCOMITTEE
Organized Pursuant To The
CALIFORNIA STEM CELL RESEARCH AND CURES ACT
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Hilton SFO Bayfront Hotel
600 Airport Boulevard
Burlingame, CA 94010
2121 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 2020
Los Angeles, CA 90067
Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute
10901 North Torrey Pines Road
La Jolla, CA 92037
4015 Miranda Avenue - SITE NO LONGER AVAILABLE
Palo Alto, CA 94304
1127 Connecticut Avenue, NW – site available from 11:30am – 3:30pm
Washington, DC 20036
[Members of the Public will be invited to provide testimony before or during consideration of each item. Makers of public comments are asked to limit their testimony to three (3) minutes.]
REPORTS & DISCUSSION ITEMS
1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Roll Call.
4. Chairman’s Report.
5. President’s Report.
6. Consideration of Board policy changes and amendments to the Board Bylaws and the Grants Working Group Bylaws, in response to the IOM Committee report.
- Memo to ICOC re IOM Report
- Attachment 1- Board Bylaws - Application Subcommittee
- Attachement 2 - GWG Bylaws
- Attachement 3 - Appeal and Request for Reconsideration Policy
- Attachement 5 - Scientific Advisory Board
- Attachement 6 - Ethics Regulatory
7. Consideration of recommendations by the Intellectual Property and Industry Subcommittee: IOM Committee recommendations on CIRM's Intellectucal Property policies.
8. Consideration of applications for RFAs 12-02, 12-03 and 12-04: CIRM Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (hiPSC) Initiative.
- 12-02: CIRM Tissue Collection for Disease Modeling Awards
- 12-03: CIRM hIPSC Derivation Award
- 12-04: CIRM hPSC Repository Award
- Application ID1 06560
- Application IR1 06564
- Application IT1 06584
- Application ID1 06617 and IR1 06595
9. Discussion of confidential intellectual property or work product, prepublication data, financial information, confidential scientific research or data, and other proprietary information relating to applications for RFAs 12-02, 12-03 and 12-04: CIRM Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (hiPSC) Initiative. (Health & Safety Code 125290.30(f) (3) (B) and (C)).
10. Consideration of appointment of a new ICOC patient advocate member to the Grants Working Group.
11. Consideration of amendments to CIRM’s Intellectual Property regulations.
- Memo from Scott Tocher - Consideration of Amendments to CIRM'S Intellectual Property Regulations
- Memo - Exhibit A
- Regulations -Exhibit B
13. Consideration of recommendation regarding an Extraordinary Supplement Award to RFA 09-01: Disease Team Research Award - DR1-01444, University of Southern California.
15. Update on CIRM’s translational program.
16. Communications Update.
17. Public comment. The Committee will accept public testimony on any matter under its jurisdiction that is not on the agenda, but the Committee cannot act on any such matter at this meeting.
Proposed Additional Agenda Item
THE ORDER OF BUSINESS MAY BE CHANGED WITHOUT NOTICE.
The California Institute for Regenerative Medicine and its Independent Citizens Oversight Committee, and any subcommittees thereof, comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) by ensuring that the meeting facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities, and providing that this notice and information given to the Members of the Committee is available to the public in appropriate alternative formats when requested. If you need further assistance, including disability-related modifications or accommodations, you may contact Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at 415-396-9100 no later than the day prior to the meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information prior to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee meeting may be referred to Maria Bonneville at the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at email@example.com or 415-396-9100.
This meeting agenda is also available on the website for the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine at http://www.cirm.ca.gov.